Keep Your Distance Banner
Maintain the Proper Following Distance Banner
Tailgating, or following the vehicle in front of you too closely, is the second most frequent complaint (after speeding), and it’s the leading cause of rear-end collisions.
Whether you are hauling cargo across the country or just across the city, you must make sure that you aren’t creating a hazardous situation by following traffic too closely.
Keep in mind the three things that affect the amount of time it takes to stop your vehicle:
- The time it takes an alert driver to recognize a hazard (about three-fourths of a second)
- The reaction time (an average driver needs another three-fourths of a second)
- The time it takes the brakes to stop the truck (At 55 mph, with good brakes on dry, level pavement, that’s another 4.5 seconds.)
Tailgating is a very common — and highly preventable — cause of roadway accidents. This banner, which puts a clever spin on the topic of tailgating, will capture attention and remind employees to maintain their distance when they are behind the wheel.
- 6' x 3'
- 8' x 4'
- 10' x 4'
- Custom sizes also available
- With or without Wind Slits
Personalize any banner with your logo or create your own custom design - a sales representative can contact you for details.